Friday, September 23, 2011

snapshot/taiwanese: home sweet home


When I fly into LAX and arrive late into the night, my ritual now includes picking up some rolled tacos aka taquitos, smothered in guacamole, before I head home.

When I fly in TPE and arrive early in the morning, the perfect place to head is to Yong He Dou Jiang (or your favorite local Taiwanese breakfast joint) for some freshly fried you tiao and cold, sweet soy milk, all for the ridiculous price of some pocket change. In this case with the dan bing or egg pancake, it was a grand total of NT$55 or under NT$2.

Home sweet home, Taipei!

6 comments:

Val83 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
joanh said...

thanks for commenting Val83! i love tacos too!

Kimberly Cheng said...

i wish this was me!! as in, i wish i was going back to taipei.. :( even though i left i still read your blog!

min said...

I love egg pancake! My favorite Taiwanese food for breakfast!

Gergely Imreh said...

Moved to a new place recently (near Shida) so don't know any Yonghe Doujiang here, but but at my last place there was one just on the corner, boy it was nice to hit it sometimes, either late at night or early in the morning...

joanh said...

Kimberly- thanks for still reading!! hope you can visit again soon!

Mindy Meow- yum! thanks for commenting!

greg- yeah, pretty much any regular breakfast shop in taipei would beat any place in the states!

:)